Frequently Asked Questions

Get to know us a little better.

What does Valley United Way do?

We support non-profits in their work to Strengthen Families, Prepare Youth to Succeed, and Help Individuals in Crisis.  This is done by mobilizing the caring power of our community through philanthropy, volunteerism, and collaboration.

Which towns does Valley United Way Serve?

We serve and work with non-profits in the five towns of the Lower Nauagtuck Valley: Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton.

How do I get involved?

You can donate to support our mission, advocate for United Way by starting a Workplace Campaign, or find ways to volunteer in our community.

How can I volunteer?

If you are looking to volunteer as an individual or as a family, please follow this link here to fill out our volunteer form.

If you are looking to volunteer with your company and as part of a workplace campaign, please reach out to our President & CPO.

Where does my donation go?

United Way always looks to maximize the effect of a dollar and direct funds to the non-profits that make the most impact in our community. See the list of the non-profit partner agencies that we support.

We make the most impact in our community by connecting people and organizations to make our Valley a better place. Check out our Accountability page for more information regarding our expenses and revenue.

do my dollars stay local?

Yes!  All funds that are raised in the Valley stay in the Valley, unless you request that they go to an organization outside of our area.

Can I choose where my donation goes?

Yes. Giving to Valley United Way is the most powerful way to invest in our community, but you can also choose to have your contribution designated to a qualifying 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

Can I make a contribution by check, Cash or credit instead of through payroll deduction?

Although many people find payroll deduction to be the most convenient way to donate, you can make your donation by check, cash or credit card. Just complete the pledge form which is VUW fillable Pledge Form and email it to your campaign coordinator if participating in a workplace campaign.  You can also email the pledge form to our President & CPO or mail the form and a check to our office at Valley United Way, 54 Grove St. Suite 1, Shelton, CT 06484. Please note it is for your company’s United Way campaign.

If you are looking to make a personal one-time donation, you can also donate here!

Can I give stock for my united way contribution?

Yes!  If you are interested in making a stock donation, please reach out to our President & CPO to guide you through the process!

Is my contribution tax deductible?

Definitely! Your payroll stub or canceled check serves as verification for tax purposes. Based on IRS regulations, donors who make non-payroll gifts of $250 or more will receive a letter from Valley United Way regarding that gift for tax purposes.

Our tax-exempt number is 06-0847098.


Checkout Loading...