Corporate Volunteer Council
The Corporate Volunteer Council strives to enhance the quality of life in the Valley by promoting and fostering corporate volunteerism through the sharing of ideas and information on corporate volunteer management and actions that can be driven to address issues of community concern. All efforts performed by the CVC will be conducted to collectively embrace change and leverage diversity.
We are a coalition of more than 50 Valley businesses, large and small, who are giving back to the communities where we live and work.
In partnership with the Valley United Way, we coordinate food and clothing drives, plan and provide resources for large scale community projects and share best practices on how to drive the spirit of volunteerism among our employees.
Our programs benefit charitable agencies and needy families and individuals in Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton.
Representatives from participating companies meet monthly to share information about community concerns and explore ways to meet community needs.
We believe in the value of giving back to the communities where we do business. We also believe that promoting volunteerism among our employees makes good business sense:
- It improves the health of the community by building a better business climate and increasing the well-being of the company’s employees and customers.
- It increases the company’s visibility in the community, building shareholder trust and customer loyalty.
- It places employees in leadership roles in the community and provides them with the opportunity to gain business skills and career development experiences that they might not otherwise gain in their regular jobs.
- It improves employee morale and sense of pride in the community.
- It is a great way to encourage team-building among employees.
The CVC sponsors a number of projects and programs throughout the year that are supported by CVC member employees. Through volunteerism, our employees make a difference.